Sunday, January 20, 2013

1st PE Assignment: Michael Joo


To Ron,

Hi, Ron, I really don’t know what to write in this letter. I’m not really good with letters; I’m quite shy when it comes to showing my real feelings. So let me “warn” you about some aspects of my life. Haha. 
But before I go in to the horrifying part, I really want to say hello.  I bet you really worked hard to come in to Harvard too. I really didn’t expect me to actually be admitted by Harvard, let alone with a scholarship! But I think I really don’t deserve Harvard like you and the other schoolmates. All I did was enjoy reading books when you and Harry—the kid next door—must have sacrificed a lot to come to the best school of the world. Really, all I did was enjoy myself inside economic books, essays, papers that I actually wanted to read and write.
 Now, the warnings. I like cold. I really can’t bear the heat and warmth whenever I feel it. I am crazy. Sometimes, I play all day and sleep for 15 hours a day. But when I start studying, I don’t sleep and stay in my room in front of my desk—I am the two extremes, it won’t be easy to live with my life pattern. I don’t really stay in my room. I really like going to the pub or to the lacrosse field. All you’ll see of me in our room will be me writing a paper, going on facebook, sleeping or watching MLL. I  don’t really tell you when I feel uncomfortable. I just show you. Plus, I don’t really like texting or messaging. Plus, I sing in the shower.
Now for dessert? Haha. Mmmm…… If you ask me to do something for you, I probably would do it. I don’t like conflicts, at least conflicts that show outside. I don’t really care about a little sacrifice for someone else, especially for a roommate. I eat a lot of snacks. You won’t ever have to buy your own snacks for as long as you live with me. Now, that sounded gay. Ah! I’m not gay, but I don’t really know it that’s comforting or disappointing to you.
Hey, one of my philosophies is that everything happens for a purpose. See you soon.

From Michael

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this essay was... overwhelming @-@ so very unique! haha I like the way you mentioned the kid next door (Harry). I find your writing extremely witty and your studying habits seem like a typical HAFS genius... :P The sentences were all kind of abrupt and not exactly smooth or flowing, but every description of yourself captured my attention so completely that it was really fun to read! I wonder why you mentioned the last sentence about your philosophy. Does it have a meaning, or are you explaining something? Maybe I was too dumb to catch it. :P Or maybe you were just saying that as an addition to your introduction of flashing colors. Anyway, it was overall very enjoyable! --Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep I saw this essay from our good old PBLC days! ;) well written as always Mig. I loved this essay because it captured your humorous, bright, relaxed side perfectly - I could almost hear you talking to your roommate in a cheerful, easy tone that makes me smile and feel calm and happy. Love this writing style :D

    ReplyDelete